Whether you spent the past few days on the Playa or simply indulging over the holiday weekend, you may feel the need to reset. Start your week anew with rituals to settle your mind, nourish your soul, and strengthen your body.
Here are five simple ways to reset.
1. Upon rising drink a large (16oz) glass of filtered water. When you wake up, you are dehydrated. The water will hydrate your body and brain, and help to flush out toxins. It also fills you up so you eat less. I like to add liquid minerals to mine for an extra boost.
2. Start your day eating low glycemic. Stay away from sugary breakfast cereals, baked goods like muffins and cereals. These kinds of breakfasts tend to make you hungrier and negatively affect blood sugar levels.
Try this protein-rich smoothie:
1 cup water
1 scoop protein powder (plant based or whey)
1 cup wild blueberries
1 Tbs Flax oil (cellular health, skin and hair benefits, hormone balancing)
1 tsp Spirulina (high in protein, chlorophyll and beta carotene)
Blend on high speed and enjoy.
3. For lunch and dinner keep it easy. Eat as many veggies (lots of green) as you like – think large salad, or big plate of sautéed veggies with protein in the form of hemp seeds, organic pastured eggs/chicken/salmon.
4. Start exercising. Moving your body is great for your mind and body. Release the happy hormones and get motivated.
5. Take magnesium citrate powder before bed. Most Americans are deficient in magnesium, a critical mineral for hundreds of biochemical reactions like supporting immune system, regulating blood glucose levels and helping the production of energy and protein. Magnesium also helps to relax you before bedtime much better than a glass of wine! Take as directed.