We use food to satisfy. We use food for nutrition. We use food to celebrate. We use food to honor.
When a life is brought into this world and when a life leaves this world, we bring food to others’ tables.
Creating a beneficial relationship with food changes us. Food is one of the biggest parts of life because it sustains life. Food is medicine. Lovingly preparing food to soothe and nourish others is a wonderful gift. This simple snack recipe happens to be well-loved by children and adults alike.
The Raw Crispy Treat was created as a balancing snack. It has been used to tame hungry children, to soothe anxiety attacks, and to mend broken hearts. It has been used for athletes who need quick yet sustainable energy. It has been enjoyed time and again for the simple fact that it tastes so good. Fortified with loads of protein and nutrition, it just might be the yummiest protein bar ever created!
- 2 cups of almond butter
- ½ cup of raw honey
- 1 cup puffed quinoa
- Himalayan pink salt
- Lemon zest or shredded coconut
- Combine 2 cups of almond butter (or preferred nut/seed butter) with ½ cup of raw honey.
- Mix in 1 cup of puffed quinoa (gently heat raw quinoa in a skillet until quinoa becomes crispy).
- Spread evenly into a small square pan.
- Drizzle honey over the top and generously sprinkle with hemp seeds or chia seeds.
- Finish with a dusting of Himalayan pink salt.
- *Optional* add freshly lemon zest or shredded coconut.
- Let set in the freezer until firm, then cut into squares and serve.