No matter your vantage point, we can all agree that water is a vital resource. The fact that we can turn on the faucet and get clean water is a luxury which we should take the time to be grateful for! It can easily be overlooked.
But also overlooked is the reality that when our society isn’t careful, the clean water we take for granted can be exposed to environmental pollutants.
At Urban Remedy, we encourage you to drink water in abundance and to live a healthy life full of nutrition. But, as traces of pesticides, metals, and pharmaceutical drugs are showing up in our tap water, we implore you not only to drink enough, but also to make sure that you are drinking pure water without all the extras.
Here are some healthy tips for better drinking water.
- Set up a water filtration system to help purify your tap water
- Tap into the National Drinking Water Database to learn more about the drinking water in your area
- Choose safe reusable water bottles
- Be aware that bottled water offers no better nutrition than tap water, and it unnecessarily contributes to waste
- Enjoy your water! Squeeze a little lemon into your drinking water or infuse it with fruit
Water runs through all of life, and knowing that our bodies consist of mostly water, we ought to think about preserving the quality and quantity of water here on Earth. As we face a water deficit, think of ways that you can reduce the amount of water you use and improve the quality of the water you do consume.