When we talk about health and nutrition, it’s impossible to just talk about the body. Health is the balance and connection we feel within our body, mind, spirit and the world around us. The word stress has become so commonplace that we take it for granted. You may have even muttered the sentence, “I’m feeling stressed,” at some point today.
Every subtle aspect of your being communicates within itself. This means, when you are stressed your body feels it, stores it, and reacts against it. Stress affects your nutrition in every way, your digestion, heart rate, skin, muscles, joints, and just about every cell and system of your body. Stress can be the antagonist of a variety of health ailments, and without proper management stress can stifle the goodness of life.
Do yourself a favor, stop talking about how you’re going to manage your stress, just do it. Take one of these simple actions each day:
10 Tips to Eliminate Stress
- 20 minutes of exercise. Try ten, 2 minute high intensity workouts. Try a cluster of running sprints, swimming sprints, cycling sprints – push your body hard for a few minutes, rest and repeat.
- Sit in nature without the noise of people or cars. Close your eyes and listen to the wind, the birds, the sounds of nature around you. Tune into the vibrations of nature.
- Alternate nostril breathing. Place the index and middle finger between your eyebrows, then use your thumb and fourth finger to alternately press on nostrils. Breath, exhale and repeat.
- Connect with people who make you feel good.
- Take a hot bath and add your favorite soul soothing essential oil—lavender, vetiver, sandalwood, melissa, and bergamot are all calming and mood balancing.
- Write, paint, play music, or express yourself creatively and freely.
- Give yourself an emotional time out. When you feel stressed in the midst of an activity, at work, or with the kids… excuse yourself to a quiet space for 5 minutes and practice deep breathing and reground yourself.
- Designate a caring friend to be your deep listening partner. Make time for a 20 minute phone date each week. Listen deeply to their stresses that week and let them listen to yours.
- Unlearn the notion of “don’t cry.” If you feel you need to cry, let yourself. Tears are your body’s natural way of releasing stress and a good cry will make you feel so much better.
- Eat well. Nourish your body with nutritionally dense foods. Learn to listen to your body and discover what foods serve you best. You can never eat too many raw vegetables.
And don’t miss the De-Stress Spike by Urban Remedy, it’s one of our suite of nutrition supplement spikes, specially designed to provide unique health benefits. Our Spikes are the perfect nutrition supplement for adding to your juice or meal shake, adding to water, or just shooting straight.
2 thoughts on “10 Tips for Less Stress”
Urban Remedy Spikes were created for ingestion.
If you have a look at the product pages though, for each individual tincture – there is a nutrition tab that lists what ingredients make up the spike.
Can I use these “spikes” in DIY bath scrubs or DIY soaps or is this only for ingesting?
Comments are closed.