A juice cleanse, combined with a detoxifying and restorative diet, is an essential part of caring for your health this winter. Cleansing looks different each season. In the winter, it’s important not to strip the body of what it needs. During winter, the liver needs support, extra nourishment and internal warmth.
Our new Warming Soup Cleanse features three nourishing, mouthwatering hot soups full of warming ingredients like ginger, cayenne, and lemon.
If you are looking forward to a juice cleanse this winter, consider these tips:
- Sip warm water with lemon and cayenne between juices to create internal warmth
- Use a dry skin brush every morning to stimulate circulation and help detoxify the lymph
- Oil the body with warm sesame oil daily. During the winter especially, our skin is prone to dryness; keep it nourished with the healing benefits of naturally warming sesame oil.
- Enjoy some warm Potassium Broth at the end of each day (see recipe below).
- Rest. Even if you feel an abundance of energy on your juice cleanse, do not overexert. Instead, be mindful of the nature of winter and its affects on your body. Create time and space to meditate, relax and restore. Going to bed an hour earlier while on a juice cleanse can be very beneficial.
- 1 large fennel bulb chopped
- 4 celery stalks
- ½ bunch parsley
- 2 medium carrots
- 1 daikon
- 1 bunch dark leafy greens
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 32 ounces of purified water
- 4 1-inch pieces of ginger
- To prepare – boil water and then add ingredients.
- Lightly wash all vegetables without scrubbing too hard, as this can remove minerals in the skin.
- Simmer your ingredients for at least 2 hours.
- Strain out broth and enjoy!