It is true, nut milks are filled with nutrition and health benefits. Here is a great easy recipe for nut milk that you can easily make at home.
- 1/2 cup raw almonds or cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 cups filtered water (plus additional for soaking almonds)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Stevia to sweeten, to taste
- Dash sea salt, to taste
- Cover raw almonds with water and allow to soak overnight
- Drain and rinse. Place soaked nuts, vanilla, stevia, and salt and 2 cups water into a blender and process until smooth, at least one full minute. Strain through nut milk bag.
- *You can use more or less water to vary the thickness of your raw milk, depending on your personal preference. In general you want a 1:4 ratio of nuts to water.
- *For nut cream just use less water so it’s thicker.
23 thoughts on “Nut Milk”
Where do you get a nut milk bag? Is it just cheesecloth?
Comments are closed.