Trying to fend off the summer heat? This delicious watermelon watercress salad recipe with fresh ginger will cool you down and boost your nutrition.
- 2 tablespoons organic rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces seedless watermelon
- 1 large bunch watercress, thick stems trimmed
- 1 cup 1/2-inch pieces peeled seeded cucumber
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 3 to 4 tablespoons crumbled raw sheep’s feta cheese (optional)
- Whisk vinegar, oil, ginger, lime peel, and garlic in large bowl to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add watermelon, watercress, cucumber, green onions and mint to bowl; toss to coat. Sprinkle each salad with a portion of feta.
Comments are closed.