Tossing together a variety of raw living foods in the form of a salad is a great way to fill the majority of your plate with vegetables. The more your meal plans are composed of vegetables, the more your nutrition, health and weight will thrive.
Learning to make really good salads will change your meal plan.
The Guru salad was created as a way to offer the body a beautiful mix of the most nutritionally dense raw foods. Its earthy goodness and intensity of flavor will offer your body (and your taste buds) so many benefits.
Bok choy, for example, is a powerhouse of nutrition. As an excellent source of vitamins A, C and K, which support healthy immune function, and optimal muscle and nerve health, bok choy also helps shield against free radicals while boosting your metabolism.
We all know kale is worth its reputation, but bok choy and the other raw ingredients that go into the Guru salad will leaving you feeling optimally nourished. You’ll love it!
- 1 bunch of dino kale
- ½ of small napa cabbage
- 1 baby bok choy
- 1 bulb of fennel
- ⅓ yellow/green bell pepper
- ½ cup of chopped almonds
- 8 dates
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup flax oil
- ⅓ cup rice vinegar
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon raw honey
- 1 pinch sea salt
- Chop all vegetables finely.
- Cut dates into small slivers.
- Almonds can be chopped coarsely, but do not mix in until the end.
- Toss all ingredients (except for almonds) and add dressing.
- Let sit for 10 minutes so that the dressing absorbs into the salad and the kale becomes more tender.
- Crumble almonds over the top without dressing so that they remain crunchy.