Eggs are a great breakfast food. They are an outstanding source of protein, and they contain many important nutrients including choline for the brain, essential fatty acids, B-12, lutein and zeaxanthin—a carotenoid that supports eye health and prevents macular degeneration.
I love the Marin Sun Farms eggs that I get at the farmers market. They are super fresh and the yolks are bright orange and vibrant. I try not to overcook the yolks as they are the nutrition powerhouse of the egg. This breakfast is not for eating while you are cleansing, but it’s a great pre- or post-cleanse breakfast to share with friends or family on a Sunday morning.
- 2 organic eggs (we prefer free range)
- ½ organic avocado, cut into cubes
- ¾ cups organic cilantro, chopped
- 1 cup organic cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- ½ clove garlic, chopped
- 1 lime
- 2 organic sprouted corn tortillas
- Organic butter or coconut oil (to cook the eggs & tortilla)
- 1 dash sea salt
- Try not to overcook the yolks, as they are the nutrient powerhouse of the egg.
- Mix tomatoes, avocado, cilantro, and garlic in a small bowl. Add a dash of sea salt and a squeeze of lime and set aside.
- In a pan heat up the oil/butter and cook the eggs sunny side up. Set aside.
- Heat up tortillas in a pan until soft and set on a plate. Put one egg on each tortilla and sprinkle with a dash of sea salt.
- Put tomato mixture on top of the eggs or down the middle of the plate.
- I like to eat them like tacos. Fold them in half and top with the tomato salsa. Then eat with your fingers!