UR Recipes – June 24, 2013
Berry Cheesecake Recipe
By Neka Pasquale, Founder of Urban Remedy
VEGAN | RAW | GLUTEN-FREE
Yep, Urban Remedy’s Fave Berry Cheesecake Recipe is all of those!
We all crave sweets, yet sometimes finding a healthy and delicious dessert that is full of nutrition can be a challenge. Now, you can enjoy one of our favorite desserts straight from the kitchen of our founder, Neka Pasquale.
Play around with different berries and let us know your favorite.
When we served this at the Urban Remedy kitchen opening party, our guests were literally licking the plate!
Berry Cheesecake Recipe
Recipe Type: Dessert
Author: Urban Remedy
- 1 cup raw almonds
- ½ cup raw shredded coconut
- ½ cup coconut sugar
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon pink salt
- 4 ½ cups organic raspberries or strawberries
- 3 cups soaked organic cashews*
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ½ to ¾ cup raw organic agave
- 1 tsp vanilla extract in glycerine
- 1 cup unrefined organic coconut oil melted
- Soak raw cashews in clean water for 20 minutes. Strain and rinse cashews, setting aside for use in the cheesecake filling.
- Add all ingredients to food processor and process until well blended. Remove and pat firmly into pie pan.
- In a blender or food processor, add berries, cashews, agave, lemon juice and vanilla. Blend until all ingredients are smooth. Once smooth, pour in the coconut oil and blend well.
- Pour filling into the crust. Chill in the refrigerator overnight. Garnish with berries. Enjoy with friends and loved ones!
- And, if you are looking for more vegan dessert options, don’t forget our whole range of snacks!
- Don’t forget to check back often for more gluten-free dessert recipes!
Don’t forget to check back often for more gluten-free dessert recipes! And, if you are looking for more vegan dessert options, don’t forget our whole range of snacks
Neka Pasquale, Founder of Urban Remedy
Neka founded Urban Remedy with a simple philosophy that "food is healing" and incorporates that belief into everything she creates. Neka is a California state-licensed acupuncturist and herbalist, as well as a certified nutritional consultant. She practices acupuncture and Chinese medicine, combined with cutting-edge nutrition and lifestyle modification, to heal, balance and create optimal health.
More from the author
29 thoughts on “Berry Cheesecake Recipe”
Comments are closed.