Lasagna may be one comfort food that is subtly layered into your memory. The aroma of hearty tomato sauce held together by dense layers of pasta and cheese may have the ability to stir your emotions just a tad. Let’s face it: food is not only tied to our nutrition, it is often linked to our emotional body.
We are emotional creatures with needs that sometimes surpass nutrition facts. As you begin to connect more to the concept that food is healing, explore what works best for your constitution and ask yourself what experiences around food are linked to joy.
Give yourself the ability to eat what you love, but edited to be more healthy and full of nutrition, and let it love you back. This raw vegan lasagna recipe was made for you. Just in case you want the experience of eating lasagna with a lot of wonderful added benefits…
- 2 zucchini (sliced long)
- 32oz organic tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup parsley (chopped)
- 3 basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 cup hummus
- 1 avocado
- ½ teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 3 pinches sea salt
- Slice zucchini into long sheets that mirror lasagna pasta.
- Cover the bottom of your dish with zucchini sheets and then spread tomato sauce over the top.
- Sprinkle minced garlic over this first layer.
- Add a second layer of zucchini sheets and follow the same order.
- Add a third layer of zucchini sheets.
- Drizzle olive oil over the top, add garlic and distribute fresh parsley, basil and 3 pinches of sea salt all over.
- Add thin slices of avocado all over the top.
- Finish with hummus (use pastry bag to distribute hummus evenly and decoratively).