Welcome to Day 3. Hopefully, you are getting into the flow of the program. Usually, by the 3rd day, you are hitting your cleansing stride. Everyone is different, but typically most are feeling lighter and more focused. That may be a stretch for some of you, and that’s okay. Feeling tired, cranky, headachy, and fighting cravings is all part of the deal. If you’re dependent on caffeine, sugar, alcohol or on any combination of those, you may be experiencing some withdrawal symptoms. Remember to check in with us on our dedicated Facebook Metta page for support or questions.
Today is all about creating your personalized intentions and affirmations. Affirmations are words with the aim to help make you make a change in your limited belief system. When you say the affirmation, and bring to mind the mental image, you will find your spirit uplift, your energy shift and your thoughts change. Repeating affirmations can affect the subconscious mind, which in turn, influences the behavior, habits, actions, and reactions.
Creating an intention will nurture your spirit by helping you create direction for your life, and clear the imprint of toxic memories, emotions, or pain.
Maybe you’ve been ill, suffered a tragedy, or endured a painful divorce. Deciding to cleanse yourself of toxic emotions brought about by such events is just as important as the physical cleanse you are doing. Our bodies have a cellular memory, which means that traumatic or unpleasant experiences can stay with us, stifling our emotional health. When painful events or difficult emotions aren’t released, we hold onto depression, anger, and sadness, all of which can aggravate chronic disease.
By creating an intention to eliminate troubling emotions and following through on your intention, you will be letting go of specific emotional matter that is holding you back from optimal vitality. Your intention can be to start focusing on the positive in life or to forgive someone with whom you have been angry. Your intention should be something that brings more love, strength, and positivity into your life.
Louise Hay says it best that “an affirmation opens the door. It’s a beginning point on the path to change. In essence, you’re saying to your subconscious mind: “I am taking responsibility. I am aware that there is something I can do to change.” When I talk about creating affirmations, I mean consciously choosing words that will either help eliminate something from your life or help create something new in your life. Every thought you think, and every word you speak, is an affirmation. All of our self-talk, our internal dialogue, is a stream of affirmations.
You’re using affirmations every moment whether you know it or not. You’re affirming and creating your life experiences with every word and every single thought. Your beliefs are comprised primarily of habitual thinking patterns that you learned as a child. Many of them work very well for you. Other beliefs may be limiting your ability to create the very things your heart desires.
What you want and what you believe you deserve may be very different. Practice paying attention to your thoughts so that you can begin to eliminate the thoughts that are creating experiences that you do not want anymore in your life. Please realize that every complaint is also an affirmation of something you think you don’t want in your life. Every time you get angry, you’re affirming that you want more anger in your life. Every time you feel like a victim, you’re affirming that you want to continue to feel like a victim. If you feel that life isn’t giving you what you want in your world, then it is certain that you will never have the abundance that life gives to others–that is, until you change the way you think and speak. If your goal is to excel in your career, your affirmation could be something like “The joy I find in my career is reflected in my overall happiness.” If your goal is to get over an illness it could be something like, “I am grateful for my healthy body. I love life.” Or “I am ready to be healed. I am willing to forgive. All is well.”
What Do Affirmations Do?
- They motivate.
- They keep the mind focused on the goal.
- They influence the subconscious mind and activate its powers.
- They change the way you think and behave, and this can bring you into contact with new people, who can help you with your goals.
- Positive statements make you feel positive, energetic, active and put you in a better position to transform your internal and external worlds.
When and How to Repeat Affirmations
- Devote some special times during the day for repeating them.
- Repeat them wherever you are, and whenever you want and have the time. Either silently or out loud.
- Before starting to repeat your affirmations, ask yourself whether you really want to get what you want are affirming? If you have doubts, and you are not entirely sure that you want what you are affirming, your doubts will stand in your way of the fulfillment of your affirmation. This is one of the reasons why people do not get results, and then they often lose their belief in this power.
- Be sure to affirm with love, faith, feeling, and genuine interest. Feel and believe that your desire has already been fulfilled. This kind of aligned thinking will accelerate its fulfillment.
- It is natural for the mind to bring up doubts and negative thoughts, especially if your current environment and situation are very different from what you want to achieve and are affirming. Persevere, and do not let your negative thoughts and doubts conquer you. Have faith.
- I am exactly where I need to be in life.
- The universe/God will provide everything I need to enjoy my here and now
- I trust my timing in life
- Everyday I grow and learn and move forward
- I am creating the life of my dreams in my own perfect time
- My relationship is joyful, loving, and filled with adventure
- I bring light and love to all that I come into contact with
- My life is a magic and I believe in miracles
- I choose love
MORNING GUIDED MEDITATION WITH DANA [6:34]
Choose one or try both
Contemporary Yoga with Annie Parr
Strong4Me by Kate Upton
DAY 3 VIDEO WITH NEKA
FOOD FOR THOUGHT WITH NEKA & ANGELA
MAKING HEALTHY CHOICES WITH DR STEPHANIE
EVENING GUIDED MEDITATION [13:46]